IT Support Specialist I
Division/Department: IT Department
Reports to: IT Manager
The IT Support Specialist oversees application and hardware system issues and offers support to the system’s users. User support includes company employees and external users who use Verus software. The IT Support Specialist is responsible to monitor the support requests that are coming into IT and provide professional technology customer service.
- Provide assistance to system users by troubleshooting issues.
- Monitor the IT mailbox, reproduce the issues and get the request prioritized.
- Facilitate daily scrum meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings.
- Assist with the internal IT audit process.
- Assist in testing when required.
- Organizing Team Foundation Server boards.
- Provide production release support.
- Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials.
- Assist in on boarding new Verus employees, including Verus IT members.
- Participate in the coordination of team building activities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Software development process and Agile project delivery process.
- Expertise in Microsoft tools such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-driven learner with exceptional problem solving/troubleshooting skills, ability to think both creatively and logically.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Detailed oriented and self-directed person with top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
- Team-player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.