Reports to: Analytics Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The rise of Advanced Analytics in the business world is creating a competitive opportunity for attorneys and law firms to improve their decision-making and thus their business results. Verus’ custom analytics, consisting of expert analytics services along with technologies, is designed to help businesses obtain unique and actionable intelligence derived from their own data and processes as well as other available data sources. We thrive on turning data into insights that — even before litigation begins — helps attorneys bring justice for their clients.
Our growing Advanced Analytics department is looking for an experienced Data Analyst who:
- relishes in gathering, aggregating, and cleaning complex data sets
- Uses innovative modelling techniques to elicit data-driven insights
- Outlines key findings and delivers critical information through innovative visuals to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and develop statistical valuation and forecasting models.
- Analyzing data to identify trends and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Process and clean data from structured and unstructured sources.
- Work with IT and other business partners to create analytic enhancements to Verus products.
- Create and manage internal and customer-facing reports.
- Limited management responsibilities and customer interactions.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Three+ years of experience working in the area(s) of analytics/statistics/data science.
- A./B.S. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server).
- Math/Statistical model building experience.
- S. in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Seven+ years of experience working in the area(s) of analytics/statistics/data science.
- Skill in SQL and relational databases.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Power Pivot, Power Query)
- Microsoft Power Bl (DAX)
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience with customer interactions.
- Programming experience in Python or R including:
- Data Manipulation and Cleaning (ex. pandas, tidyverse)
- Data Visualization (ex. Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot2)
- Machine Learning (ex. scikit-learn, CRAN)
Other Essential Requirements:
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment, leveraging his/her skills and experience to improve Verus products and business. He/she must be able to work independently, while actively seeking assistance when needed. The ability to meet tight timelines and create value with minimal data is crucial. In addition, the candidate will be required to maintain a positive and professional demeanor while consistently working with fresh problems. He/she must possess a desire to fully understand each new challenge with the knowledge that a full, complete answer may not be achieved.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. This position requires working from the physical office. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.