Data Warehouse Architect
Reports to: Analytics Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Verus is an innovative litigation support services firm serving mass tort lawyers nationally. The firm provides a full suite of services, including Case Management & Medical Review Services, Settlement Administration, Business & Advisory Services, Analytics and Document Management Services.
The rise of Advanced Analytics in the business world is creating a competitive opportunity for attorneys and law firms to improve their decision-making and thus their business results. Verus’ custom analytics, consisting of expert analytics services along with technologies, is designed to help businesses obtain unique and actionable intelligence derived from their own data and processes as well as other available data sources. We thrive on turning data into insights that — even before litigation begins — helps attorneys bring justice for their clients.
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you are a liaison between information technology and business units and are responsible for the design and implementation of data warehouse solutions for all the analytical needs of our internal and external customers. This includes supporting traditional reporting and more advanced analyses based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You start by gathering requirements to develop a solution blueprint for the architecture and during the implementation phase, you make sure that the solution complies with the requirements and architecture.
- Design, develop, and maintain the enterprise data warehouse architecture and related data marts in accordance with system requirements
- Resolves complex problems and monitors usage of the data warehouse.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the data warehouse development from gathering and understanding end-user analytics and reporting needs, architecting the solution, detailing the technical design, implementing the solution, and validating the solution with end users
- Work with IT and other business partners to build data warehouse components: data integration (ETL), reporting and analysis (BI), databases, and metadata
- Build and maintain the conceptual and logical data models for analytics and reporting
- Determine data loading and data refreshing strategies
- Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse.
- Take a leading role in evaluating new data warehouse applications, architecture, and technology choices for possible adoption and improving the performance of existing applications
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Three+ years of experience in BI / Analytics / Data Warehouse project implementations
- A./B.S. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data principles, and data visualization
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing paradigms (relational databases, dimensional databases, star schema, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of reporting and BI tools (ex. SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, …)
- Knowledge of data warehouse security aspects
- Self-starter and a critical thinker that can work independently and drive projects forward
- Seven+ years of experience working in the area(s) of business intelligence/analytics/statistics/data science
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, …)
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and/or machine learning
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Power Pivot, Power Query)
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Experience communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Other Essential Requirements:
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment, leveraging his/her skills and experience to improve Verus products and business. He/she must be able to work independently, while actively seeking assistance when needed. The ability to meet tight timelines and create value with minimal data is crucial. In addition, the candidate will be required to maintain a positive and professional demeanor while consistently working with fresh problems. He/she must possess a desire to fully understand each new challenge with the knowledge that a full, complete answer may not be achieved.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.