Data Warehouse Engineer
Reports to: Analytics Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The rise of Advanced Analytics in the business world is creating a competitive opportunity for attorneys and law firms to improve their decision-making and thus their business results. Verus’ custom analytics, consisting of expert analytics services along with technologies, is designed to help businesses obtain unique and actionable intelligence derived from their own data and processes as well as other available data sources. We thrive on turning data into insights that — even before litigation begins — helps attorneys bring justice for their clients.
Our growing Advanced Analytics department is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer who:
- Relishes in gathering, aggregating, and cleaning complex data sets
- Uses innovative techniques to build tools that deliver data-driven insights
- Strive to improve data organization and accuracy by monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues on data warehouse servers and assists in the development of business intelligence, business data standards, and processes.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of the business’s data warehouse, ETL processes, and business intelligence.
- Provide day-to-day support of the data warehouse and troubleshoots existing procedures and process.
- Define and promote best practices and design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture.
- Work with IT and other business partners to identify requirement and design enhancements to Verus data warehouse infrastructure.
- Process and clean data from structured and unstructured sources.
- Create and manage internal and customer-facing dashboards and reports.
- Limited management responsibilities and customer interactions.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Three+ years of experience working in the area(s) of analytics/statistics/data science.
- A./B.S. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server).
- Knowledge of data integration and data warehousing concepts (ETL, dimensional modeling, etc,)
- Experience in data warehouse development and architecture and hands-on physical and logical database design.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- S. in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Seven+ years of experience working in the area(s) of analytics/statistics/data science.
- Skill in SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Power Pivot, Power Query)
- Microsoft Power Bl (DAX)
- Math/Statistical model building experience.
- Programming experience in Python and/or R including:
- Data Manipulation and Cleaning (ex. pandas, tidyverse)
- Data Visualization (ex. Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot2)
- Machine Learning (ex. scikit-learn, CRAN)
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience with customer interactions.
Other Essential Requirements:
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment, leveraging his/her skills and experience to improve Verus products and business. He/she must be able to work independently, while actively seeking assistance when needed. The ability to meet tight timelines and create value with minimal data is crucial. In addition, the candidate will be required to maintain a positive and professional demeanor while consistently working with fresh problems. He/she must possess a desire to fully understand each new challenge with the knowledge that a full, complete answer may not be achieved.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.