Director of Business Development
Reports to: V.P. Client Services
The priority of the Director of Business Development is to sell Verus products and services to new and existing customers, primarily plaintiff-side law firms involved in mass torts and class actions. This high-visibility consultative sales position is also responsible for developing business opportunities including strategic alliances, expansion into new market segments, and promoting awareness of the Company in target markets. The Director of Business Development will be supported by, and will work closely with, the Marketing team, the Practice Area Leaders, and Senior Management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and five to ten years of business development experience. J.D. or relevant experience is preferred.
- A knowledge of plaintiff-side litigation, current events, and the confidence and ability to establish and maintain relationships with high-level partners of national law firms and leadership of MDLs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Acute interpersonal skills are essential. A sharp awareness and understanding of human reactions and motivations, and the ability to adjust personal behaviors in response to the actions of others are critical.
- Excellent time management and organization, including the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines, and the skill to prioritize and triage obligations.
Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Proactively identify ways to help people and close sales.
- This high-visibility position requires maintaining a professional appearance and promoting a positive company image to the public at all times.
- Drive increased revenue and profitability to achieve company growth goals.
- Develop a business plan to achieve sales targets and prepare action plans to identify specific sales prospects and a schedule for contacts.
- Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Develop familiarity with company products and services, including analytics services, settlement administration services and case management and medical review services, to present and sell them to current and potential clients.
- Explore strategic alliances and other relationships that will improve the company’s profitability and visibility.
- Participate in conferences, market events, and networking activities to develop relationships that promote the company brand and image.
- In collaboration with Marketing, prioritize leads and referrals from event attendance and plan new initiatives.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information and feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff and coordinate with key personnel regarding product development and potential new market opportunities.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations, quotes, and proposals.
- Provide oversight of the proposal/contract process to ensure that each meets the prospect’s needs and negotiate from initiation through execution of agreement.
- Coordinate with internal company resources to close sales and meet client objectives.
- Maintain an accurate account of activity on Pipedrive (Verus’ CRM platform) and provide other reports as requested.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires significant travel, including overnight trips, and weekend and/or evening work. Must have a valid driver’s license. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.