Reports to: Senior Director of Operations
The IT Manager ensures the development, implementation, and maintenance of cost-effective and efficient information technology solutions for the organization to meet current and future business needs. The IT Manager ensures proper functioning of all information processing systems and oversees necessary upgrades. The incumbent works closely with the Senior Management Team and manages all aspects of new projects including scoping, kick-off, design, development, testing, implementation, training, and change management. Ensures all projects and goals are met and adheres to approved budgets.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Supervises daily operations of network and server infrastructure.
- Aligns IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals.
- Establish IT policies regarding operational procedures and ensure compliance.
- Manage IT budgets, forecast, and enforcing cost-effectiveness.
- Plan and schedule project guidelines and goals while ensuring timelines are met.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, consultants, upper management, and leadership of other departments to ensure smooth processes.
- Manage the IT staff: develop and monitor IT team performance; coach, counsel, and discipline employees; orient and train employees
- Liaison with multiple business units to assist with their IT based systematic and technical needs.
- Analyze workflow, delegate projects and manage staff to meet company and departmental goals.
- Participate in and initiate collaborative planning processes for business technology.
- Implement and monitor new projects, with adherence to Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Deliver metric driven progress reports to senior management.
- Evaluate risk, establish strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning, develop network recovery and backup processes.
- Manage QA, UAT, Stage and Production Environment planned and hot fix releases.
- Ensure sufficient testing is performed to validate processes and data.
- Oversee SOC Audit support for IT department requirements
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information management or a related field.
- Five to ten years of experience with progressive management in a professional services IT Department.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record of developing talent and building and maintaining strong teams.
- Strong organization skills, especially managing complex projects utilizing Sprints, scrum meetings and agile methodology with ability to organize others around you.
- Effective written and oral communication with the ability to present complex technical information in a concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and organizational skills, including the ability to provide clear direction for project and functional teams, and the ability to provide clear and concise written documentation and analysis.
- Distinctive people skills with a proven track record of influencing, driving change, and stakeholder management, with or without positional authority.
- A broad range of professional experience in multiple IT disciplines such as applications support, server and network administration, project and program management, data warehouse development and maintenance, application development, vendor management, business continuity and risk management.
- Experience with a broad range of business systems, hardware and networking services currently utilized by the company, including: Salesforce (Service, Voice and Marketing Clouds), multi-factor authentication, Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare, Microsoft SQL Server Database, SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, C#, and Azure Devops.
- Experience with Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting and Asset Management.
- UI/UX Design experience is preferred.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.