Programmer/ Database Administrator
Division/Department: IT Department
Reports to: IT Manager
The Programmer/DBA is a part of an agile development team who is involved in all stages of development from design and development to testing and deployment. This person has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills, and is experienced in designing and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. This person also have a passion for learning new skills and technologies.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8 to 12 years of computer programming with at least 5 years of DBA experience.
- Proficient with .NET, C# and MS SQL.
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Managing servers in private cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with code first development.
- Working with an agile team to design, develop, test and maintain web applications.
- Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions.
- Work on system maintenance and enhancement requests that includes web and database development.
- Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server to manage code and work items.
- Analyze data and create reports.
- Perform Unit testing and Code Reviews.
- Apply mature development practices like automated testing and CI/CD
- Build high quality code by following the SOLID principles and leveraging software design patterns.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.