Reports to: Head of Process Improvement & Project Management
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Project Manager is a key point of contact for stakeholders and leaders at Verus. This individual will provide project management leadership to multiple projects to ensure successful and timely completion of the project goals and objectives. Additionally, we are looking for an experienced project manager that can identify and implement measures for continuous process improvement.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven with excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills. This candidate is responsible for the standard five process areas of initiation, planning, design, execution and monitoring of projects. The expectation is to have a tool kit of methodologies at the ready and use pieces of waterfall, agile, disciplined agile, Lean and Six Sigma as needed to tailor the method to the project and the needs of the team.
The ideal candidate is skilled in planning, applying and demonstrating critical thinking skills, monitors progress on all project initiatives, manages scope, is proactive in forecasting issues or delays, and ensures that organizational goals are fulfilled. In this position, the Project Manager offers innovative solutions to any problems that may arise in the course of a project, often working collaboratively with other parties to promptly address challenges.
Routine communication and proactive initiative to communicate status is critical. With a focus on company values and client satisfaction, the Project Manager interacts with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects remain on time, in scope and within budgetary guidelines.
- Manage projects in conjunction with Company objectives.
- Track and report project performance, including analysis of short and long-term goals.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with internal and external parties.
- Lead project teams and work with functional managers to delegate responsibilities as required.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Ensure projects are appropriately staffed with all resources in place for success.
- Assess feasibility of all potential projects to ensure adherence to business strategies.
- Facilitate the change management process to keep projects in scope.
- Assess risk and report on mitigation strategies.
- Monitor quality of on-going projects and deliverables.
- Consistently and proactively identify risks, issues, and areas of exposure.
- Ensure clear, articulate and consistent delivery of team member project content outputs including but not limited to presentations, meeting agendas/minutes, project tracker content, project plans / high level Gantts and status updates.
Soft Skills and Power Skills Requirements:
- Skilled articulate communicator to engage as a partner with team members, SME’s, operational/organizational leaders, and senior management/sponsor.
- Adept with the ability to set boundaries to maintain scope, timelines, and point out if something is unrealistic.
- Passionate about project/product management, working with teams, motivating team members, and communicating status/risks/issues.
- Flexible to adapt and change.
- Self-aware, strong critical thinker, detail oriented, and proactive.
- Strategic thinker that anticipates needs. Applies that methodology with tactical skills and monitors with ability to guide and teach soft skills and powers skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, motivation, and conflict resolution.
- Develops, manages, and engages in relationships at all levels of the organizations.
- Exhibits leadership that engages people and inspires trust.
- Seen as approachable, engaging, supportive, a mentor, and a go-to resource.
- Lead, mentor and able to manage tasks of project team members.
- Partner with PMO Leadership to support and improve PMO planning and reporting capabilities, capacity planning, budget planning, quarterly and portfolio reviews as well as any other existing or new processes.
- Takes initiative to suggest ideas/improvements based upon observation. Ability to take ideation to implementation. Refine the process and lead improvements for next project.
- At least five years of job-related project management experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Law firm and claims administration experience a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position may require evening and/or weekend work. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.