Senior Sales – Business Development Director
The Senior Sales – Business Development Director is an executive position responsible for creating and implementing sales and business development strategies to meet business objectives. In this role, the incumbent will partner with internal stakeholders, including executive and leadership teams to move financial and business goals forward. The Senior Sales-BD Director will train and manage a team of professionals in support of organizational objectives. The incumbent will possess strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive all sales functions. This position is eligible for commission override based on team performance with bonus potential based on performance.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to generate revenue based on Company financial objectives.
- Align all aspects of departmental endeavors with business plan.
- Acquire and close new business deals with a focus on sales/revenue projections.
- Attract and hire top talent (industry professionals) to build a successful sales/BD team that creates value for the organization.
- Lead team and develop each group member in support of each direct report’s professional and personal goals. Optimize and leverage team and individual skills to contribute to the organization’s success.
- Research, study, and remain up-to-date on legal/mass tort industry standards.
- Generate weekly reports highlighting sales and business development initiatives. Present to internal stakeholders including leadership and executive teams.
- Understand and drive all aspects of a sales cycle.
- Manage departmental costs to budgetary guidelines.
- Work cross-departmentally on client documents, materials, and communications.
- Continually identify new sales opportunities while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Understand customer and legal industry trends.
- Participate in the negotiation of pricing and agreement structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field. Master’s preferred.
- Ten+ years in senior sales management position.
- Minimum of five years in a leadership role.
- Prior experience in the mass tort/legal industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, guide, and coach teammates/direct reports.
- Proven ability to complete cold calls; quickly establish positive, trusting relationships and rapport.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Success in closing deals in excess of $250,000.
- Demonstrated ability to sell a new service from a lesser-known company.
- Experience successfully building and managing a sales team that consistently meets or exceeds aggregated profit and revenue goals.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Analytic Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Judgment/Decision Making
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires significant travel, including overnight trips, and weekend and/or evening work. Must have a valid driver’s license. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.