Division/Department: Case Management
Reports to: Case Management Supervisor
Key responsibilities include managing sensitive claimant information and completing data gathering with empathy and the highest degree of professionalism. Engage, communicate and organize information appropriately to best facilitate and execute the legal aspect of the case requirements.
- Communicate with claimants (phone call) to gather information regarding abuse claims.
- Manage sensitive communication process to professionally obtain key personal information from alleged victim.
- Demonstrate emphatic manner while working with claimant in discovery process (collection of confidential / delicate data).
- Obtain all relevant facts and information according to established legal and quality standards.
- Ensure that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with established policies and procedures.
- Provide appropriate resources to claimants as needed.
- Actively participate in ongoing training as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- One to two years of experience working with trauma victims.
- Knowledge and/or training in areas of sexual assault and/or domestic violence a plus.
- Critical thinking and active listening skills are a must.
- Interpersonal skills – Must be able to connect with claimants and create a safe environment to obtain delicate details of abuse.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
This position may require evening and/or weekend work. All training and work is done remotely. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.