Human Resources Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Verus is in need of a self-motivated and experienced HR Assistant to support our busy HR department. This position assists the CRO and HR Manager in the daily operations of the Human Resources department. Main tasks and responsibilities include providing administrative support in the following HR functions: recruitment and onboarding of new employees, benefits administration, payroll system updates, coordination of the Verus volunteer program, Company events, and HR compliance. The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to HR executives and management to aid in the achievement of departmental and Company objectives.
- Drive recruitment processes including internal and external job postings, candidate screening, interview scheduling, and generation of offer letters.
- Answering employee questions.
- Benefits administration including open enrollment, new hire enrollments and mid-year changes for the company health plan.
- Process payroll adjustments as needed.
- Compiling and preparing spreadsheets in Excel.
- Handle all HR-related administrative tasks, including maintaining electronic personnel files.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing all onboarding tasks for HR and relevant departments.
- Partner with team to schedule all volunteer activities.
- Organize all Company cultural activities and events.
- Research updates on applicable HR laws and guidelines.
- Assists in administering HR policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or related field.
- Three to five years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be able to prioritize and use time efficiently.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.