Mass Tort Paralegal
Reports to: V.P. of Client Services
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
This position is responsible for administering legal and operational aspects of processing high volume mass tort claims. The Mass Torts Paralegal supervisors a team that is claimant focused and provides essential leadership within the Mass Torts Operations area of the business. Coordinating with the Client Relations team and Operations Management, this role helps to develop, implement, and supervise efficient procedures designed to successfully handle critical levels of mass tort claims review.
- Coordinate with Client Relations and Sales Team to understand client expectations.
- Partner with Management to develop claims review procedures.
- Work with a trainer to train the team in new Tort specific knowledge transfer and any new procedures.
- Develop and implement changes to work-flow to optimize handling of high-volume cases.
- Review injury and usage aspects of legal claims.
- Analyze and verify the accuracy of large amounts of data.
- Effectively work with claimants to help facilitate the claims process.
- Order, review, and summarize medical records.
- Handle workflow of cases in case management system.
- Properly document all events and communications.
- Draft and send correspondence and legal communications.
- Gather, organize, and analyze critical case data and factual information.
- Conduct detailed client intakes.
- Uphold confidentiality of highly-sensitive client information.
- Respond to law firm inquiries.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in paralegal studies from an accredited institution combined with work experience.
- Three to Five years of experience in a related position as a paralegal or legal assistant.
- Working knowledge of mass tort litigation.
- Experience with case management and document management.
- Experience with large document intense cases preferred.
- Client-oriented with excellent customer service skills.
- Experience reviewing and ordering medical records.
- Team leadership and supervisory experience.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills including ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. This position requires working from the physical office. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.