Opioid Litigation Support Services
The cause of the opioid crisis in the U.S. was the widespread misuse of both prescription and non-prescription opioids that resulted in addiction and related overdoses for tens of thousands of Americans. The goal of all of the current litigation is to hold the companies that manufactured, distributed and sold opioids responsible for the costs borne by both governmental entities and individuals. The current litigation includes the multidistrict litigation pending in the Northern District of Ohio, civil lawsuits currently brought by counties and state attorneys general on behalf of state governments, and bankruptcy proceedings such as the current cases involving Purdue Pharma and Mallinckrodt.
Opioid case management is complex, let us help simplify matters…
Verus helps you manage your opioid claim process so you can focus on the specific details of the litigation. Our process is designed to quickly identify non-eligible claims, and reduce rework on eligible claims. The Verus process consists of the following general steps:
- We engage with claimants through a combined program of telephone, email, and a text-to-mobile platform that significantly speeds the collection of claimants’ information and the gathering of electronic signatures.
- All claimant communications are through dedicated toll-free phone numbers, a project-specific email address, and texting and email branded for your firm.
- Our web portal tracks all claimant information and coordinates all ongoing communications. Our user-friendly interface allows claimants to enter information directly onto the platform, using their mobile or desktop device.
- Our portal streamlines the collection of drug usage and medical provider information.
- Verus will review all client-provided documentation including the review of supporting pharmacy records and diagnostic reports.
- Verus can manage the request for claimant records via a third-party record acquisition company and review them for diagnoses of the various alleged injuries.
- Verus utilizes a mobile-friendly digital signature platform combined with direct mail capabilities for claimants uncomfortable with electronic signatures.
- Verus will implement a valuation model to assign each claim to the appropriate tier level as described in the TDP.
LAW FIRM REVIEW & APPROVAL
- Workflow queues alert you when a claim form is ready for your legal review before the final submission to the court-appointed claims administrator.
- Verus uploads all claims to the court-appointed claims administrator that meet your review requirements once approved.
ADDITIONAL OPIOID SERVICES
- Exclusively branded law firm post-submission communication channel, customized for each firm to allow you to maintain claimant engagement throughout multiyear litigations.
- A formal disengagement process for claimants not responsive during outreach.