Division/Department: IT Department
Reports to: IT Manager
The Product Owner is a member of the Agile team and works with stakeholders to define and prioritize the IT product backlog. The Product Owner provides a holistic view of the product(s) and is key in determining the product lifecycle, including working with the Product Management team and key stakeholders to develop the product roadmap, define features and write and prioritize user stories.
Position Qualification Requirements
- Excellent communication skills and understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Business and technical savvy.
- Detailed oriented and self-directed.
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
- Ability to act as the project lead and key stakeholder.
- Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/User Stories.
- Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
- Experience in preparing for product/release launches with appropriate communication to stakeholders and customer-facing teams such as customer service, marketing and product support, etc.
- Ability to understand complex business needs and translating them into detailed, executable functional requirements.
- Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog.
- Coordinate and monitor technical projects from initiation through delivery.
Desired Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree.
- Excellent product delivery skills with at least 3-5 years as an Agile Product owner.
- Agile process experience in organizing and guiding teams to succeed.
- Knowledge of user experience design and/or demonstrated influence on improved UX.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- Experience with web and mobile applications.
- Experience working with brand new applications or legacy applications.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation server.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.