Senior Business Analyst
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Senior Business Analyst will participate in and guide process development and optimization activities, writing protocols, data gathering and analysis. The role will flex between new product/process development and driving improvements in the on-going operations. Additionally, we are looking for an experienced leaser who can introduce and implement standard practices and tools to enable rapid process impact assessment and gap analysis when evaluating new business opportunities as well as the feasibility of a solution, its implementation, its interaction with the existing systems and improves both the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project/product. This person must be experienced to analyze and decompose complex requirements.
The ideal candidate will lead the documenting and analysis of existing systems and highlight areas of improvement to support all areas of the business including Operations, Finance, Quality, Audit, Sales, Marketing and IT. Assess projects and legal controlling documents with an emphasis on creating supporting documentation and visuals that create ease of understanding.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven with excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills. The Senior Business Analyst is strong with planning, applying and demonstrating critical thinking skills, is proactive in anticipating issues, and passionate that organizational goals are fulfilled. In this position, the candidate drives innovative solutions working collaboratively with other internal and external parties. Routine communication and proactive initiative to communicate status is critical.
- Review legal controlling documents including settlement agreements, analyze specific needs of clients/projects based on various components identified in settlements, document changes between cases and perform gap analysis and recommend solutions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather, compile, and provide information for strategic and business decision making.
- Design, execute and analyze experiments and pilots in the development of new processes and technologies.
- Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts.
- Validate the functionality of the end-product according to the requirement specifications.
- Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
- Identify and lead improvements in workflow, support existing processes, quality and cost reduction programs.
- Apply, model, and instruct employees to develop and teach strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Build, develop and maintain allocation strategies to monitor and forecast workflow, capacity, and throughput.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members as well as management.
- Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert in requirement elicitation.
- Support change and configuration management.
Soft Skills & Power Skills Requirements:
- Skilled articulate communicator to engage as a partner with operational/organizational leaders and project managers.
- Abled facilitator to keep groups moving and aligned to the objectives of the work.
- Passionate about process improvement, analyzing current processes, skilled in making recommendations based on experience, enjoys collaboration and motivating team members,
- Flexible to adapt and change.
- Self-aware, strong critical thinker, detail oriented, and proactive.
- Strategic thinker that anticipates needs. Applies that methodology with tactical skills and monitors with ability to guide and teach soft skills and powers skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, motivation, and conflict resolution.
- Develops, manages, and engages in relationships at all levels of the organizations
- Exhibits leadership that engages people and inspires trust.
- Seen as approachable, engaging, supportive, a mentor, and a go-to resource.
- Takes initiative to suggest ideas/improvements based upon observation. Ability to take ideation to implementation. Refine the process and lead improvements for next project
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in scientific or engineering discipline, or related field(s).
- Six Sigma Green Belt is required and DFSS/Master Black Belt is preferred
- Lean experience and industrial engineering background is a plus
- MiniTab (or similar) and Monte Carlo simulation is preferred
- Five years+ hands-on process design, use of statistical analysis and process engineering.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, analytical thinking, and strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and instructional abilities.
- Advanced computer skills, including use of visualization tools.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to effectively analyze results and communicate recommended courses of action to management.
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, and self-motivated.
- Experience in a problem-solving role is necessary.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position may require evening and/or weekend work. To submit a resume, please email us at email@example.com.