Reports to: Accounting Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Performs intermediate level accounting activities. Helps to prepare, maintain and analyzes financial records of assets, liabilities, revenues, expense, tax liability and other financial functions within the organization. Has knowledge of GAAP and commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Accounting field. Relies on experience, instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting standards.
- Research and maintain sales tax payments and filings
- Assist management with SSAE 16 compliance requirements
- Work in the general ledger for internal and external clients
- As necessary, assist in developing and maintaining accounting department procedural documentation and accounting systems
- Assist management on the development of comprehensive annual budgets and results reporting
- Maintain an inventory register of all depreciable assets and properly assign useful life, savage value, and monthly depreciation
- Assist with external trust audits by preparing reports/documentation in response auditor requests.
- Work with management in the implementation, documentation, and testing of internal controls
- Assist when needed with the organization and administration of the monthly trust disbursements process including the testing of sequencing adjustments and other critical components
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Assisting with general ledger entries
- Assisting in payroll and recording payroll journal entries
- Assisting in Accounts Payable
- Assisting in Year End tasks such as 1099’s, and clean up entries
- Maintain and prepare American Express credit card reconciliations
- Assisting when needed in Accounts Receivable and following up on outstanding invoices
- Support Manager and Controller in assigned accounting project based work as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration and two plus years of related business experience. May substitute related work experience for degree.
- Complex/Intermediate Accounting skills. This is normally acquired through 3-4 years’ experience and college level accounting course work.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software , Intacct Sage is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Sales Tax is a plus
- Mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Strong organization and communication skills
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. To submit a resume, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.